The Scriptures of
Book 1: The parable of Enoch
Chapter 1 TO INDEX
The course of man.
blessing of Enoch with which he blessed the Elect and the righteous, who shall
be present on the day of tribulation at the removal of all the ungodly ones .
2. And Enoch the blessed and righteous man of the Lord took up his parable while his eyes were open, and he saw and said, “A holy vision from the heavens which the angels showed me, and I heard and understood from them everything.
3. I do not look for this generation, but for the distant one, which is coming. I speak of the elect ones of what concerns them, and I took up with a proverb saying;
4. The God of the universe, the Holy Great One will come forth from his dwelling and will march upon mount Sinai, and appear in his camp emerging from heaven with a mighty power, and everyone shall be afraid.
5. To the ends of the earth watchers shall quiver, and great fear and trembling shall seize them, mountains and high places will fall and be frightened.
6. The high hills shall be made low, they shall melt like a honeycomb before the flame, and the earth shall be rent asunder.
7. And all that dwell thereon shall perish, and a judgment shall be upon all, and to all the righteous He will grant peace.
8. He will preserve the elect, to them shall be kindness, they shall all belong to God, and shall prosper and be blessed, and the light of God shall shine on them.
9. Behold; He will arrive with tens of millions of his holy ones in order to execute judgment on all, He will destroy the wicked ones, and censure all flesh on account of the wickedness, which they have done against Him.
To consider God's works
10. Examine the stars in the sky how they do not alter their ways, the luminaries of heaven how each of them rises and sets, each according to its respective seasons, they do not divert from their appointed orders.
11. And look at the earth and consider in your mind the action that is taken in her from beginning to end, how all the works of God that are shown do not change.
12. And look at summer and winter, and how the whole earth is filled with water and clouds and dew, and how He causes rain to rest upon her.
13. Observe and consider everything, also the trees how their leaves wither and fall, except fourteen trees whose leaves do not fall but remain from the old to the new.
14. And again consider the days of the summer how the sun dominates her, how you will crave shade and shelter on account of the heat of the sun. And the earth burning with such scorching heat that you are not able to walk on the rocks of the earth on account of the heat.
15. Observe how the verdant trees are covered with leaves, and bear fruit. Pay attention concerning all things, and realize in what manner He fashioned them. All of these belong to Him who lives forever.
16. His work proceeds and progresses from year to year, all his work prospers and obeys Him, they do not change, but all things function in the way God has ordered it. And look also at the sea's, how they do not part but fulfill all their duties.
17. But as for you, you have not been long-suffering, you have not done the commandments of God, but have transgressed and spoken slanderously. With your impure mouth you spoke vile words against His greatness.
18. O you hard-hearted may you not find peace, you therefore shall curse your days, and the years of your life shall perish and multiply in eternal damnation, there will not be mercy to you.
19. In those days you shall make your names a continual disgrace to all the righteous, and sinners shall curse you continually - you together with the sinners.
20. But to the elect there shall be light and joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth, while to you O wicked ones it will be quite the contrary, for there will be a curse.
21. Then shall wisdom be given to the elect, and they all shall live and not again return unto sin, neither by being wicked or through pride, but those having wisdom shall be humble and not again turn to sin.
22. And they shall not be judged all the days of their lives, nor die through plague or wrath, but they shall complete the number of the days of their life.
23. The days of peace shall increase their lives, and the years of happiness shall be multiplied in them in gladness forever, with peace all the days of their life.
The fall of angels
1. In the days - when the children of man had multiplied, it happen that there were born to them handsome and beautiful daughters. And the angels, the children of heaven, saw them and desired them.
2. And they said to one another: “Come let us chose wives for ourselves from among the daughters of men and beget us children.” And Semyaz being their leader, said to them:
3. “I fear that perhaps you will not consent that we ought to perform this deed, and I alone will be held for this great sin.”
4. But they all responded to him: “Let us all swear by an oath, and bind everyone among us by a curse not to abandon this suggestion, but to perform the deed.”
5. Then they all swore together and bound one another by a curse. And they were about 200, and they descended into Ardos, which is the summit of Hermon and called the mount Armon, since there they swore and bound one another by a curse.
6. And their names are: Semyaz, the leader of Arakeb, Rame'el, Tam'el, Ram'el, Dan'el, Ezeqel, Baraqyal, As'el, Armaros, Batartel, Anantel, Zaqe'el, Sasomasp, We'el, Kestartel, Tur'el, Yamayol, and Arazyal, these and their chiefs of tens and all the others with them.
The birth of giants
7. And they took wives unto themselves each one choosing a woman unto him, and they began to go into them and taught them magical medicine, incantations, and taught them of plants and of the cutting of roots.
8. And the women became pregnant and gave birth to great giants whose height was up to ten cubits, (15+ ft) and they consumed the produce of the people until the people detested feeding them.
9. The giants then turned against them in order to eat them, and they began to sin against birds, wild beasts, reptiles, and fish, and their flesh was devoured one by the other, and they drank blood.
10. Then the earth brought an accusation against the oppressors.
The evil of the angels
11. And Azazel taught the people how to make swords and knifes and shields and breastplates, and he showed their chosen ones bracelets, decorations, ornamentals, the beautifying of eyelids, and all kinds of precious stones, and all coloring, tinctures, and alchemy.
12. There were many wicked ones who committed adultery and erred, and all their conduct became corrupt. Amasras taught incantations and the cutting of roots, and Armaros the revolving of incantations.
13. And Baraqiyal taught astrology, and Kokarer'el the signs, and Tamel taught the seeing of the stars, and Asder'el taught the course of the moon, as well as the murder of men.
The cry unto God
14. And the people cried, and their voice reached unto heaven.
15. Then Michael, Surafel, and Gabriel observed carefully from the sky, and they saw much blood being shed upon the earth, and the oppression being wrought upon it, and they said to one another:
16. “From its very foundation the earth has brought the cry of their voices unto the gates of heaven, and now O holy ones of heaven, the souls of the people are placing their case before Thee pleading: Bring our judgment before the Most High.”
17. And they said to the Lord of all rulers, for He is the Lord of lords, and the God of gods, and King of kings, and the seat of His glory stands throughout all generations of the world:
18. “Thy name is holy and blessed and glorious throughout the whole world, Thou has made everything and the authority for everything is with Thee, all things are unclad and open before Thy sight, and Thou does see everything, nor is there anything which can hide itself from Thee.
19. Thou has seen what Azazel has done, how he taught oppression upon the earth, how they revealed eternal secrets from heaven, and taught them unto man. And Semyaz, to whom Thou gave power to rule over his companions, cooperated.
20. They went into the daughters of the people of the earth, lying together with these women, and so defiled themselves, and they revealed to them every sin. And the women gave birth to giants to the degree that the whole earth was filled with blood and oppression.
21. And now behold, the Holy One will speak and those who have died will bring their suit up to the gate of heaven, their groaning have ascended, for of themselves they cannot get out from under the oppression that is being wrought upon the earth.
22. Thou does know everything before even it comes to existence, and Thou has seen but has not told us what is proper for us to do regarding it.”
God judges the angels
1. Then spoke the Most High, the great and holy One, and He sent Asuryal to the son of Lamech (Noah) saying; tell him in My name, "Hide yourself." And reveal to him the end of what is coming for the earth and everything will be destroyed.
2. The deluge is about to come upon all the earth, and all that is in it will be destroyed. Instruct him therefore in order that he may flee, and his seed will be preserved for all generations.”
3. And to Raphael the Lord said; “Bind Azazel hand and foot and cast him into the darkness.”
4. And he made a hole for him in the desert, which was in Dudatel and-cast him there, and threw rugged and sharp rocks on top of him covering his face in order that he might not see light.
5. So that he may be sent into the fire on the great day of judgment and give life to the earth, which the angels have corrupted, and he will proclaim life for the earth, that he is giving life to her.
6. And the children of the people will not perish on account of the secrets of the angels, which they taught to their sons, for the whole earth has been corrupted by the actions of the teachings of Azazel, and write all sin upon him.
7. And to Gabriel the Lord said; “Proceed against the bastards and reprobates, against the children of adultery and destroy the children of adultery. Expel the children of the watchers from among the people; send them against one another so that they might be destroyed in fights. For length of days they do not have.
8. They will beg you everything for their fathers on behalf of themselves, because they hope to live an eternal life, that each one will live a period of five hundred years.”
9. And to Michael God said; “Make known to Semyaz and the others who are with him who fornicated with the women, that they will die together with them in all their defilement.
10. And when they and all their children have battled with each other and have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them for seventy generations under the rocks of the ground until the day of their judgment and consummation, until the eternal judgment is concluded.”
11. In those days they will lead them into the bottom of the fire in torments, in prison where they will be locked up forever. At that time when they burn and die, then those who collaborated with them will be bound together with them henceforth to the end of all generations.
12. And destroy all the souls of pleasure, the children of the watchers, for they have done injustice to man.
13. Destroy injustice from the face of the earth, and every iniquitous deed will end, and the plant of righteousness and truth will appear forever, and He will plant joy.
14. Then all the righteous ones will escape and become the living ones until they multiply becoming tens of hundreds, and they will complete all the days of their youth, and the years of their Sabbath in peace.
15. In that day the whole earth will be worked in righteousness, wholly planted with trees and they will find blessings, and plant pleasant trees and joyful vines.
16. Then he who plants a vine in her will produce wine in plenty, and of every seed that is sown in her one measure will yield a thousand-fold, and one measure of olives will yield ten measures of pressed oil.
17. You therefore, cleanse the earth from all injustice, and from all defilement, from all oppression, from sin and from iniquity, which is being done on earth.
18. Remove them from the earth and all the children of the people will become righteous and all nations shall worship and bless Me and prostrate themselves to Me.
19. So the earth shall be cleansed from all pollution, and from all sin, from plague and from suffering, and it shall not happen again that I shall send these upon the earth from generation to generation and forever.
20. In those days I shall open the storehouses of blessings, which are in the heavens, and I shall send them upon the earth over the work and the toil of man.
21. And peace and truth shall become partners together in all the days of the world, and in all generations of the world.
Enoch sent to speak to the watchers .
1. Enoch now before all this was hidden, and not one of the children of the people knew by what he was hidden or where he was, for his dwelling as well as his activities was with the watchers and the holy ones.
2. And I Enoch began to bless the Lord of the mighty ones the King of the universe, and behold the Lord called to me saying;
3. "Enoch, scribe of righteousness go and make known to the watchers of heaven, those who have abandoned the high heaven, the holy eternal place, who defiled themselves with women bringing forth children into the world in taking wives to themselves.
4. They have defiled themselves with a great defilement upon the earth; neither will there be peace to them nor forgiveness of sin, for their children delight in seeing the murder of their beloved ones.
5. But they shall groan and beg forever over the destruction of their children, and there shall not be peace unto them even forever."
6. And Enoch went and said to Azazel. “There will not be peace to you, a grave judgment has come on you, you will be put in bonds, and you will not have rest nor supplication because you taught injustice, and because you have shown to the people deeds of shame and of injustice and sin.”
7. Then I went and spoke to them together and they were all frightened, fear and trembling seizing them. And they begged me to write for them a memorial prayer in order that there might be a prayer for them of forgiveness, and that I might raise their prayer to the Lord of heaven.
8. For as for themselves from henceforth they will not be able to speak, nor will they raise their eyes to heaven as a result of their sins, which have been condemned.
9. Then I wrote down their memorial prayers and the petition on behalf of their spirits, the deeds of each of them, in order that for their prayer they might find forgiveness and length of days.
10. And I went and sat down upon the waters of Dan, which is on the southwest of Hermon, and I read their memorial prayer until I fell asleep.
11. And behold, a dream came to me, and in this vision a voice came to me that I might speak to the children of heaven to reprimand them.
12. And upon awakening I came unto them while they were all conferring together in Lesya'el, which is between Lebanon, and Sanser, and they were weeping and had their faces covered.
13. And I recounted before them the vision, which I had seen in my sleep, and I began to speak those words of righteousness to reprimand the watchers of heaven.
14. And this is the book of the words of righteousness, the chastisement of the eternal watchers as the Holy and Great One had commanded in this vision.
15. I beheld in my sleep what I now pronounce with my tongue and with the breath which the Great One has given me so I may speak therewith, and that I might have understanding in my heart, so I might reprimand the watchers, the children of heaven.
16. I now wrote down your prayers, but it appeared thus in the vision; your prayers will not be heard throughout all days of eternity, and judgment is passed on you.
17. From now on you will not be able to ascend into heaven into all eternity, but you shall remain inside the earth, imprisoned all the days of eternity.
18. Yet before this you will see the destruction of your beloved sons, and you will not have their treasure, they will fall before your eyes by the sword.
19. And your petition on their behalf will not be heard, nor will those on your behalf, those that you offer in weeping and praying, nor will you speak even a word contained in the book, which I wrote.
1. In a vision I beheld the clouds calling me as also the fogs calling me and the course of the stars, and the lightning were rushing me to go up.
2. And in this vision the winds also were rushing me to fly, and they rushed me high up into heaven, and I kept coming until I approached a wall build of white marble surrounded by tongues of fire.
3. And it began to frighten me, and coming to the tongues of fire I drew near to a great house, which also was build of white marble.
4. The inner walls were like mosaics of white marble, with the floor of crystal, and the ceiling like the path of the stars, and with lightning between which were fiery Cherubims and their heaven of water.
5. And flaming fire surrounded the walls, and its gates were burning as with fire, and I entered the house, which was hot like fire and cold like ice, and there was nothing inside of it.
6. Then fear and trembling seized me, and as I shook and trembled I fell upon my face and beheld in a vision an opening before me, and a second house greater than the former, and everything was built with tongues of fire.
7. And in all respects this house excelled the other in glory and great honor, so much so that it is impossible for me to recount to you its glory and greatness.
8. As for its floor it was of fire, and above it was lightning and the path of the stars, and the ceiling was flaming fire. And as I observed I saw inside of it a lofty throne its appearance like crystal and its wheels like the shining Sun.
9. And I heard the voice of the Cherubim, and from beneath the throne issued streams of flaming fire. It was difficult to look upon, and the Great Glory was seated on the throne.
10. As for His gown - which was shining more brightly than the sun - it was whiter than any snow, and none of the angels was able to come in to behold the face of the Excellent and Glorious One, and no one of flesh can see Him.
11. The flaming fire was round-about Him, and a great fire stood before Him, and of the tens of millions of angels who stood before Him and that surrounded Him not one could come near to Him.
12. He requires no counsel, but the most holy ones who are near to Him neither depart far away. And up until then I was prostrate on my face and trembling.
The Lord speaks with Enoch
13. And the Lord called me with His own mouth and said to me: Come near to Me Enoch and to My holy Word. And He lifted me up and brought me near to the gate, but I continued to look down with my face.
14. But He raised me up and said to me; “Do not fear Enoch, righteous man, scribe of righteousness, come near to Me and hear My voice. Tell the watchers of heaven on whose behalf you have been sent to intercede;
15. It is proper that you should intercede on behalf of man, but not man on behalf of you?
16. For what reason have you abandoned the high holy and eternal heaven, and slept with women, defiling yourselves with the daughters of the people in taking wives, acting like the children of the earth and begetting giant sons?
17. Surely, you used to be holy and spiritual, the living ones, having eternal life, but now you have defiled yourselves with women, and with the blood of the flesh begotten children.
18. You have lusted with the blood of the people, like those producing blood and flesh that dies and perishes.
19. On that account I gave seed to be sown in them, and children to be born, so that the deeds, which you did upon the earth, will not be withheld from you.
20. You were indeed formerly spiritual, eternal and immortal in all the generations of the world, this is why I did not make wives for you, for the dwelling of the spiritual being of heaven, is heaven.
21. But these giants that were born from the spirits and of the flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, because their dwelling shall be upon the earth, and inside thereof.
22. It are evil spirits that have come forth of their bodies, for their birth was from the watchers whose first beginning was the spiritual foundation.
23. Therefore now they will become evil upon the earth, and shall be called evil spirits, for while the dwelling of the spiritual beings of heaven is heaven, the dwelling of those spirits born upon the earth is the earth.
24. And these spirits of the giants oppress one another; they will corrupt, be exited and fall upon the earth, and cause sorrow.
25. They do not eat food, nor do they become thirsty, nor do they encounter obstacles, and they will rise up against the children of the people, and against the women because they proceeded from them.
26. And from the day of their slaughter, the death of these giants, these beings of spirit and flesh will corrupt without incurring judgment.
27. And they will continue to do so until the day of the great conclusion, until the age is consummated, until everything is concluded upon the watchers and upon the wicked ones.
28. And so Enoch, to the watchers on whose behalf you were sent to intercede, say to them "You were formerly in heaven, but not all mysteries were open to you.
29. You knew the rejected mysteries, and these you broadcasted to the women in the hardness of your hearts, and by these mysteries the women and men multiplied evil deeds upon the earth.
30. Tell them therefore, "You will have no peace".
1. And they lifted me up into a place where there were ones like flaming fire, and when they so desire they appear like men. And they took me into a place of whirlwind in the mountain, and the top of its summit reached into heaven.
2. There in the ultimate end of the depth I beheld chambers of light and of thunder, there also I saw the bow, the arrow, and their quiver, and the fiery sword, and all the lightning.
3. And they lifted me up to the living waters to the occidental fire, which receives every setting from the Sun.
4. And I came to the river of fire which flows like water and which empties itself into the great sea into the direction of the west.
5. And I saw the great river that reaches to the great darkness going into the place where all flesh must walk cautiously.
6. And I saw the mountains of the dark storms of the rainy season, from where also the waters of the sea flow, and I saw the mouths of all the rivers of the earth, and the mouth of the sea.
7. And I beheld the storerooms of the winds, and saw how with them He has embroidered all creation, as well as all the foundation of the earth.
8. I saw the Cornerstone of the earth, and the four winds, which bear the earth, as well as the firmament of heaven.
9. I saw how the winds ride the heights of the heaven, and how they stand between heaven and earth; these are the very pillars of heaven. And I saw the winds, which rotate the heaven and cause the stars as well as the sun to set.
10. I saw the souls carried by the clouds, and the path of the angels in the ultimate ends of the earth, and in the firmament of the heaven above.
11. And I kept moving into the direction of the west, and it was flaming day and night towards the seven mountains of precious stones, of which three are towards the south.
12. As for those towards the east, they were of colored stones, one of pearl, and one of healing stone, and those towards the south were of red stone.
13. While the one in the middle was pressing into heaven, which was like the throne of God, as of Alabaster, and whose summit is of Sapphire.
14. And I saw a flaming fire and that which was inside of these mountains, and a place beyond the great earth where the heavens come together.
15. And I saw a deep pit and pillars with heavenly fire on its pillars, and inside thereof were descending pillars of fire, which were immeasurable both in altitude and depth.
16. And on top of that pit I saw a place without the heavenly firmament above it nor any earthly foundation under it or even water, there was nothing on it, not even birds, it was a terrible place.
17. There I saw the seven stars, which were like great burning mountains.
18. Then the angel said to me; this place is the end of heaven and earth; it is the prison house of the stars, and for the powers of heaven, and the stars, which roll over upon the fire.
19. They are the ones which have transgressed the commandments of God from the beginning of their rising, for they did not come. And God was wroth with them and bound them until the time of the completion of their sin in the year of mystery.
20. And Uriel said to me. “Here in many different appearances stand the spirits of the angels, which joined themselves with women, which defiled the people, and which will lead them into error to offer sacrifices to the demons as to gods.
21. This will be so until the great day of judgment in which they shall be judged, and the women, whom the angels led astray will find peace.”
22. I Enoch saw the vision of the end of everything, and no one among human beings will see as I have seen.
The names of the archangels
23. And these are the names of the holy angels who watch. Uriel, who is of eternity and of trembling. Raphael, who is of the spirits of man. Raguel, who takes vengeance on the world for the luminaries.
24. Michael, one of the holy angels who is obedient in his benevolence over the people and the nations. Saraqa'el who is set over the spirits of man who sin in spirit. And Gabriel, who oversees the Garden of Eden, and the serpents, and the Cherubim.
The place of fallen stars
25. And I came to an empty place where I saw neither a heaven above nor an earth beneath, but it was a chaotic and terrible place. And in it I saw these seven stars of heaven bound together like great mountains, and burning with fire.
26. Then I
said; “For which sin are they bound, and for what reason are they cast
here?” And one of the angels,
Uriel, that was with me guiding me, spoke and said ;
27. “For what are you asking this Enoch, why do you question and show eagerness? These are those from among the stars of heaven that have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and are bound here until the completion of ten million years according to the number of their sins.”
28. Then I proceeded from there to another place even more terrible, and I beheld a terrible thing, a great fire that was burning and flaming, and the place had a cleavage extending to the last sea, and great pillars of fire descended.
29. But I was unable to beholds either the extend or the magnitude thereof, nor was I able to estimate it, and I said; “What a terrible place is this, what pain to look upon it."
30. Then Uriel responded and said, “Why are you afraid like this Enoch?" And I replied; “I am frightened because this place is so terrible, a painful spectacle.”
31. And he said; “This place is the prison house of the angels, here they are detained forever".
The chambers of the souls
32. Then I went to another place, and he showed me on the west side, a great and high mountain of hard rock the interior of which was hollow to the four corners, and it was deep and wide, and slippery, smooth, and dark to look at.
33. Then the angel Raphael said to me; “These hollow corners are there that in them the souls of the dead should assemble.
34. They were created so that the souls of the children of the people should gather there and remain there until the day of their judgment, till the appointed time of the great judgment.”
35. And I saw the spirits of the people that were dead, their voices reaching unto heaven. Then I asked Raphael; “This spirit, the voice of which is reaching like this and making suit, whose is it?”
36. And he answered; “This is the spirit that left Abel whom was killed by his brother Cain, it sues him until all of Cain's seed is exterminated from the face of the earth, and disintegrated from among the seed of the people."
37. Then I raised a question regarding him, and regarding the judgment of all saying: “For what reason is one separated from the other?"
38. And he replied; “These three have been made in order that the spirits of the dead might be separated.
39. In the manner in which the spirits of the righteous are divided by this bright spring of water, in like manner the sinners are set apart when they die and are buried in the earth, when judgment has not been executed upon them in their lifetime.
40. These will have great pain until the great day of judgment, and to those accursed there will be plague and pain forever with the retribution of their spirits. He will bind them there forever, even if from the beginning of the world.
41. In this manner separation is made for the souls of those who make the suit and for those who disclose concerning destruction's, as they were killed in the days of the sinners.
42. Such has been made for the souls of the people that are not righteous but were sinners, for perfect criminals shall be together with other criminals who are like them.”
43. I then blessed the Lord of glory, saying, Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of righteousness, who rules forever.
Sun of the earth
1. From there I went to another place in the direction of the west unto the extreme ends of the earth where I saw a burning fire being without rest, it did not diminish its speed day or night.
2. And I asked; “What is this which has no rest?" And Raguel the angel answered: “That which you saw is the course of the sun, and the fire with which it burns in the direction moving west is the luminary of heaven.”
The seven mountains
3. From there I went to another place of the earth where he showed me a mountain of fire which was flaming day and night, and going into its direction I saw seven dignified mountains, each one different from the other of precious and beautiful stones.
4. They all were dignified and glorious to behold, beautiful in their appearance, three of which were in the direction of the east one touching upon the other, and three in the direction of the north one touching the other.
5. And there was a separation by deep and crooked ravines, the seven mountains being in the midst of these, and they were exceedingly high, all resembling the seat of a throne surrounded by fragrant trees.
6. And among them was one tree such I have never at all smelled, there was none among the other trees like it, and among all the fragrances none could be as fragrant.
7. And its leaves, its flowers, and its wood never withers forever, its fruit also is beautiful and resembles the clustered fruits of a palm tree. So I said; “This is a beautiful tree, beautiful to behold, with leaves so handsome and blossom so magnificent in appearance.”
8. Then Michael, the chief angel said to me “Enoch what is it that you are asking me concerning the fragrance of this tree about which you are so inquisitive?”
9. And I said; “I am desirous of knowing everything and especially about this." And he answered; “This tall mountain which you saw whose summit resembles the throne of God is His throne on which the holy and great Lord of glory, the eternal King will sit when He descents to visit the earth with goodness.
10. And as for this fragrant tree, not a single human being has authority to touch it until the great judgment, when He shall take vengeance and conclude all things forever.
11. This is for the righteous and the pious, and the elect will be presented with its fruit for life. He will plant it in the direction of the northeast upon the holy place, in the direction of the house of the Lord the eternal King.
12. Then they shall be glad and rejoice in gladness, and they shall enter into the holy places, its fragrance shall penetrate their bones, and they will live long on the earth like as your fathers lived in their lifetimes.”
13. Then I blessed the Lord of glory, the eternal King that He had prepared such things for his righteous ones, even as He created and gave it them so.
The mountains and valleys
14. From there I went to the center of the earth where I saw a blessed place shaded with branches, which live and bloom from a tree that was cut. There I saw a holy mountain, and beneath it in the direction of the east, was a stream flowing in the direction of the north.
15. And in another direction I saw a mountain higher than the former and between them was a deep but narrow valley, and in the direction of this mountain ran a stream.
16. And from this in the direction of the west was yet another mountain smaller - not so high with a valley under it, and between them was a deep valley which was dry and narrow, and of hard rocks, and no trees growing on them.
17. And I marveled at the mountains and at the valleys, yes I marveled very greatly.
18. Then I said; “For what purpose does this blessed land entirely filled with trees, have in its midst this accursed valley?" Then Uriel answered; “This accursed valley is for those that are accursed forever.”
19. Here will gather together all the accursed ones, those who speak with their mouth unbecoming words against the Lord, and utter harsh words concerning his glory.
20. Here they shall be gathered together, here shall be their judgment in the last days, and there will be upon them the spectacle of righteous judgment in the present of the forever righteous.
21. The merciful ones will bless the Lord of glory, the Eternal King of all the days, in the day of the judgment they shall bless Him for the mercy which He bestows upon them.”
22. Then I blessed the Lord of glory, and gave Him praise that befits his glory.
Journey to the east
23. From there I went into the direction of the east, into the center of the mountain of the desert where I saw a solitary wilderness full of trees and plants, and there was a stream on top of it gushing forth from above it.
24. It appeared like a waterfall cascading greatly as if towards the direction of the west-northwest, and water and dew ascended from it all over.
25. Then I went into another place in the desert, and I approached the easterly direction of this mountain where I saw the tree of judgment having the smell of rubbish while its appearance was that of frankincense and myrrh.
26. And beyond it, beyond those above the easterly mountains, which is not far, I saw a place that is a valley of water which is endless, and I saw a tree resembling one whose fragrance is like that of mastic.
27. And in the direction of the sides of the valley I saw a fragrant cinnamon tree, and over these I proceeded in an easterly direction.
28. And I saw other mountains with trees, and there flowed something like nectar, called Sarara, and Galbanum.
29. And over these mountains I saw another mountain on which were Aloe trees, and the whole forest was full like sturdy Almond trees, which when one picks the fruit, it gives a most pleasant odor.
30. And smelling this fragrant odor while looking towards the northeast over the mountains, I saw seven mountains full of excellent nerd, fragrant trees, cinnamon, and pepper trees.
31. From there I went over the summits of the mountains far towards the east of the earth passing over the Erythraean Sea, and went far from it passing over the head of the angel Zututel.
32. And so came to the garden of righteousness where I saw many large trees growing, their fragrance sweet, and with much elegance and glorious.
33. There also was the Tree of wisdom of which when one eats thereof he gains great wisdom, it appears like the carob tree, its fruit like very beautiful grape clusters, and the fragrance of it travels far.
34. And I
said; “This tree is beautiful and pleasant."
Then Raphael, the holy angel responded ;
35. “This is the tree of wisdom from which your old father and aged mother, your precursors are and came to know wisdom, and their eyes were opened, and they realized they were naked, and were expelled from the garden.”
36. From there I went to the extreme ends of the earth where I saw huge beasts each different from the other, and birds also each different from one another in appearance and beauty and in voice.
37. And to the east of those beasts I saw the ultimate end of the earth which borders on the heaven, and the gates were open and I beheld the stars of heaven how they came out.
38. And I counted the gates out of which they exit, and wrote all their exits, each one according to their number, their names, ranks, seats, periods, and their months, as Uriel the holy angel showed me.
39. He showed me all things, and wrote them down for me, and in addition he wrote down their names, laws, and their companies.
Journey to the north, west, and south
40. From there I went in the direction of the north, to the extreme ends of the earth, there at the end of the whole world I saw a great and glorious seat.
41. And I saw three open gates of heaven, out of which come the cold wind, hail, frost, snow, dew, and rain, the wind proceeding in the northwesterly direction.
42. Through one gate they blow good things, but when they blow with force through the other two gates they blow violence and sorrow upon the earth.
43. From there I went in the direction of the west, to the extreme ends of the earth where I saw again three open gates of heaven like as I had seen in the east, three gates.
44. From there I went in the direction of the south, to the extreme ends of the earth there, and saw again three open gates of heaven from where the south-wind, and dew and rain comes forth.
45. From there I went in the direction of the east, in the extreme ends of heaven and saw open gates of heaven with small gates above them.
46. Through one of these small gates pass the stars of heaven traveling westwards on the path, which is shown, to them.
47. And seeing this I blessed and I shall always bless the Lord of glory who performed great and blessed miracles in order that He may manifest his great deeds to His angels, the winds.
48. And to the people so that they might praise the effects of all his creation, and that they might see His power and praise Him in respect to the great works of His hands, and bless Him forever.
Of The Similitude’s
The vision, which Enoch saw, the second time, the vision of wisdom which Enoch, the son of Jared, son of Mahalalel, son of Kenan, son of Enosh, son of Seth, son of Adam, saw. This is the beginning of the words of wisdom, which I took up to propound saying to those who dwell in the earth.
The coming judgment and glory
1. Listen you first ones, and look you last ones, the words of the Holy One, which I teach before the Lord of the spirits.
2. It is good to declare these words to those of former times, but one should not withhold the beginning of wisdom from those of latter days.
3. Until now such wisdom as I have received, as I recite in accordance with the will of the Lord, had not been given to me earlier from the Lord, but the lot of eternal life has been given me.
4. Three things were imparted to me, and I took up to recount them to those who dwell upon the earth.
5. First of all when the congregation of the righteous shall appear, sinners shall be judged for their sins, they shall be driven from the face of the earth.
6. And when the Righteous One shall appear before the face of the righteous, those elect ones, their deeds hung upon the Lord of host; He shall reveal light to the righteous and the elect who dwell upon the earth.
7. And where will be the dwelling of the sinners? Where the resting-place of those who denied the name of the Lord of host? It would have been better for them not to have been born when the secrets of the righteous ones are revealed.
8. He shall judge the sinners, the wicked ones will be driven from the presence of the righteous and the elect, and from that time on those who possessed the earth will neither be rulers nor princes.
9. Nor shall they be able to behold the faces of the holy ones, for the light of the Lord of the spirits has shined upon the faces of the holy, the righteous and the elect.
10. At that time kings and rulers shall perish, they shall be delivered in the hands of the righteous and elect ones, and henceforth no-one will be able to induce the Lord of host to show them mercy, for their life is annihilated.
11. And it shall come to pass in those days that the children of the elect and the holy ones will descend from the high heaven, and their seed will become one with the children of the people.
12. In those days Enoch received the books of zeal and of wrath, as well as those of haste and whirlwind, the Lord of host says; that mercy shall not be upon them.
13. And whirlwinds carried me off from the earth and sat me down in the ultimate end of the heavens. There I saw other dwelling places of the holy ones and their resting-places, there my eye beheld their dwelling places with the holy angels.
14. And they interceded and petitioned, praying on behalf of the children of the people, and righteousness flowed before them like water, and mercy like dew upon the earth, and so it is in their midst forever and ever.
15. And my eye saw the Elect One of righteousness and of faith. In His days righteousness shall prevail, and the righteous and elect ones shall be without number before Him forever and ever.
16. And I saw a dwelling-place underneath the wings of the Lord, and all the righteous and elect before Him shall be as intense as the light of fire.
17. Their mouth shall be full of blessing, and their lips praise the name of the Lord of host, and before Him righteousness will have no end, nor will uprightness cease from before Him.
18. There I wanted to dwell, and my soul desired that dwelling place, already my portion is there, for thus has it been reserved for me before the Lord of the spirits.
19. And I praised and extolled the name of the Lord with blessings and praises, for He had strengthened me by blessings and praises in accordance with the will of the Lord.
20. And I gazed at that place and blessed and praised saying; Blessed is He and may He be blessed from the beginning and forevermore, there is no such thing as no-existence before Him, even from before the world was created.
21. He knows what is forever, and what will be from generation to generation, those who do not slumber and stand before Thy glory bless Thee, they shall bless, praise, and extol saying; Holy, holy, holy Lord of the spirits, the spirits fill the earth.
22. And at that place my eyes saw others who stood before Him sleepless, and blessing Him saying. Blessed art Thou and blessed is the name of the Lord of host forever and ever.
23. And my face was changed on account of the fact that I could not withstand the sight.
The four angels
1. After that I saw a hundred thousand times a hundred thousand, ten million times ten millions, an innumerable multitude who stood before the glory of the Lord of the spirits.
2. These were all standing on the four wings of the Lord of the spirits, and I saw four other faces among them which do not slumber, and I came to know their names which the angel who was with me revealed to me.
3. Moreover, he showed me all the hidden things, and I heard the voices of those four faces as they sang praise before the Lord of glory.
4. The first voice was blessing the name of the Lord, the second I heard blessing the Elect One, and the elect ones who are clinging to the Lord of the spirits.
5. And I heard the third voice interceding on behalf of those that dwell upon the earth, supplicating in the name of the Lord of the spirits.
6. And I heard the fourth voice expelling the demons, forbidding them to come to the Lord to accuse those that dwell upon the earth.
7. Then I asked the angel of peace who had showed all that was hidden. Who are these four faces which I have seen, and whose voice I heard?
8. And he said to me; “The first one is the merciful and forbearing Michael, the second who is set over all disease and over every wound of the children of the people, is Raphael.
9. The third, who is set over all exercise of strength, is Gabriel. And the fourth, who is set over all actions of repentance unto the hope of those to inherit eternal life, is Phanuel.”
10. These thus are His four angels, and the four voices, which I heard in those days.
Secrets of heaven
11. After that I saw the secrets of heaven how a kingdom breaks up, and how the actions of the people are weighed in the balance.
12. There I beheld the company of the holy ones, and also the sinners who denied the name of the Lord, and I beheld the sinners being expelled and dragged off, and they had no rest because of the plague, which went forth from the Lord of host.
13. And I beheld the secrets of lightning and of thunder, and the mysteries of the winds how they are distributed in order to blow upon the earth.
14. And I saw the secrets of the clouds, and the dew, how they proceed in that place to satiate the dust of the earth, and the store-rooms from which the winds of hail and of mist are distributed, these then hovered over the world from the beginning thereof.
15. And I saw the storerooms of the sun and moon, from where they come out and to where they return, their glorious return, and how in their travel one festival is celebrated more than the other.
16. They do not depart from their orbit, nor increase nor decrease from it, but they keep faith with one another, rising and setting in compliance with an oath.
17. The Sun being first, executes its course after the commandment of the Lord, after which comes the visible and hidden paths of the moon, and its orbit, which it completes by day and by night.
18. And these two gaze directly into the glory of the Lord; they give thanks and praise, and do not economize since their very essence generates continually new power.
19. Surely the many changes of the Sun have a blessing and a curse, and the course of the moon's path is light to the righteous, but darkness to the sinners in the name of the Lord who created this distinction between light and darkness.
20. He separated the spirits of the people, and strengthened the spirits of the righteous in the name of His righteousness.
21. And neither an angel nor Satan has the power to hinder this, for there is a Judge to all of them, He glances, and all are before Him, He is judge.
The abode of wisdom and iniquity
22. Wisdom could not find a place in which she could dwell, but a place was found for her in the heavens. Then wisdom went out to dwell with the children of the people, but she found no dwelling place, thus wisdom returned to her place, and she became firm among the angels.
23. Then iniquity went out of her rooms and found whom she did not expect, and she dwelt with them like rain in a desert, like dew on a thirsty land.
24. And I saw other lightning's, and the stars of heaven. And I beheld how He called each of them by their names, and they obeyed Him. And I saw the impartial scales for the purpose of balancing their light at their widest areas.
25. And their natures are as follows. Their rotations produce lightning, and in number they are like the angels, they keep faith each one according to their name.
26. And I asked the angel that was with me; “What are these things?" And he said to me; “The Lord of the spirits has shown you the prototype of each of them.
27. These are the names of the holy ones that dwell upon the earth, and that believe in the name of the Lord.”
28. And I saw another thing regarding lightning, how some stars arise and become lightning, yet cannot dwell with the rest.
The Lord's day
1. This is the second parable concerning those who deny the name of the Lord, and concerning the congregation of the holy ones.
2. They that deny the name of the Lord will neither ascend into heaven nor will they have ground, such will be their lot, in this manner they will be preserved for the day of burden and tribulation.
3. On that day My Elect One shall sit on the seat of glory, and make a selection according to their deeds. Their resting places will be without number, and their souls shall be firm within them when they see My Elect One together with those who have appealed to My glorious name.
4. On that day I shall cause my Elect One to dwell among them, I shall transform heaven making it a blessing of light forever, and I shall transform the earth to make it a blessing and cause my elect ones to dwell in her.
5. Then those who have committed sin and crime shall not set foot in her, for in peace have I looked upon my righteous ones, and given them mercy, that they should dwell before Me.
6. But sinners have come before Me so that by judgment I shall destroy them from before the face of the earth.
The Antecedent of time
7. And there I saw the One who is from before time, His head was white as wool, and with Him was another whose face was like that of a human person, his countenance was full of grace, as one of the holy angels.
8. And I asked one of the angels that was with me; "Who is this, and from where is He, who is going as the prototype of the before time?"
9. And he answered, "This is the Son of man to whom belongs righteousness, and with whom righteousness dwells, He is He that will open all the hidden storerooms.
10. For the Lord of the spirits has chosen Him, and He is destined to be victorious before the Lord of host in eternal uprightness.
11. This Son of man, whom you have seen, is the One who will remove the kings and the mighty ones from their comfortable seats, and the strong ones from their thrones.
12. He shall loosen the reins of the strong, and crush the teeth of the sinners, He shall depose the kings from their thrones and kingdoms, for they do not extol nor glorify Him, and neither do they obey Him - the source of their kingship.
13. The faces of the strong will be slapped, and be filled with shame and gloom, their dwelling places and their bodies will be worms, nor shall they have hope to rise from their beds.'
14. For they do not extol the name of the Lord of host, instead they have become the judges of the stars of heaven, they raise their hands to reach the Most High while they walk upon earth, and dwelling in her.
15. They manifest all their deeds in oppression, their power is their wealth, and their devotions are the gods, which they have made with their own hands.
16. But they deny the name of the Lord, yet they like to congregate in His churches' and with the faithful ones, which cling to the Lord of the spirits.
Prayer of the righteous
17. In those days the prayers of the righteous ascended into heaven, and the blood of the righteous from the earth came to before the Lord of host.
18. There shall be days when all the holy ones shall dwell together with those who dwell in heaven, and with one voice they shall plea, pray, glorify, praise, and bless the name of the Lord on behalf of the blood of the righteous ones which has been shed.
19. Their prayers shall not stop from exhaustion, nor will they relax forever until judgment is executed for them before the Lord of host.
The Lord glorious
20. In those days I saw the Antecedent of time sitting upon his throne of glory, and the books of the living ones were open before Him, and all his power in heaven and his escort stood before Him.
21. The hearts of the holy ones are filled with joy, because the number of the righteous has been offered, and their prayers have been heard, and their blood has been admitted before the Lord of the spirits.
22. And in that place I also saw the fountain of righteousness, which does not deplete and is fully, surrounded by numerous fountains of wisdom.
23. And all the thirsty ones that drink of them become filled with wisdom; their dwelling places shall be with the holy, the righteous, and the elect ones.
24. At that time the Son of man who was given a Name in the presence of the Lord of Host, who is the all beginning, even from before the creation of the sun and moon or of the stars, when already He was given a name in the presence of the Lord of host.
25. He will become a staff for the righteous ones in order that they might lean on Him, and not fall; He is the light of the Gentiles, and the hope of them that are sick in their heart.
26. All those that dwell upon the earth shall fall and worship Him; they shall glorify and bless, and sing to the name of the Lord.
27. For this purpose did He become the Chosen One, He was concealed in the presence of the Lord prior to the creation of the world, and for eternity, and He revealed the wisdom of the Lord to the righteous and the holy ones.
28. For He has preserved the portion of the righteous, for they have hated and despised this world of oppression together with its way of life and its habits.
29. They therefore will be saved in His name, and it is his good pleasure that they have life.
30. In those days the kings of the earth, and the mighty landowners, shall be humiliated on account of the deeds of their hands.
31. They will not therefore on the day of their misery and weariness be able to save themselves, I shall deliver them into the hands of My elect ones like grass in the fire and like lead in water.
32. So they shall burn before the face of the holy ones, and sink before their sight, and no place shall be found for them.
33. On the day of their weariness there shall be an obstacle on the earth, and they shall fall on their faces and not rise again.
34. Nor will there be anyone to put their hands to them to raise them, for they have denied the Lord and His Messiah.
1. Blessed be the name of the Lord, for His wisdom flows like water, and His glory is measureless before Him forever and ever. His might is in all the mysteries of righteousness, and oppression will vanish like a shadow without foundation.
2. The Elect One stands before the Lord, His glory is forever, and His power unto all generations.
3. In Him dwells the Spirit of wisdom, the Spirit that gives thoughtfulness, the Spirit of knowledge and strength, and of those who have fallen asleep in righteousness.
4. He shall judge the secret things, and no one will be able to speak vain words in his presence, for He is the Elect One before the Lord according to His good pleasure.
5. In those days there will be a change for the holy and righteous ones, the light of day shall rest upon them, and glory and honor shall be given them on the day of weariness.
6. He heaped evil upon the sinners, but the righteous ones shall be victorious in the name of the Lord of host.
7. He will cause the others to see this so that they may repent and forsake the deeds of their hands; they shall not have honor in the name of the Lord.
8. But only in His name shall they be saved, and the Lord of host shall have mercy on them, for His mercy is immeasurable, He is righteous in his judgments, and in the glory that is before Him.
9. Oppression cannot survive his judgment, and the unrepentant shall perish in his presence, the Lord has said; that from henceforth He will not have mercy on them.
10. In those days Sheol will return all the deposits, which she has received, and Hell will give back all that it owes, and He shall choose the righteous and holy ones from among them.
11. For the day that they shall be saved has arrived, in those days the Elect One shall sit on My throne, and from the conscience of His mouth shall come forth the secrets of wisdom, for the Lord of host has given them to Him, and glorified Him.
12. In those days the mountains shall dance like rams, and hills leap like kids satiated with milk, and the faces of the angels in heaven shall glow with joy, because on that day, the Elect One has arisen.
13. And the earth shall rejoice, and the righteous ones shall dwell upon her, and the elect ones shall walk upon her.
The metal mountains
1. After those days, in the same place where I had seen all the secret visions, having been carried off in a wind and taken to the west, there I saw the secrets of heaven of the future things.
2. There was a mountain of iron, of copper, of silver, of gold, of colored metal, and a mountain of lead. And I asked the angel that was with me; what are these things that I have seen in secret?
3. And he said to me; All these things, which you have seen, are under the authority of the Messiah, that He may give orders concerning them, and be praised on earth.
4. But wait a little and all secret things, which encircle the Lord, will be revealed to you. As for these mountains, which your eyes have seen, those of the various metals, these will become as a honeycomb before fire in the presence of the Elect One, or like water gushing down a mountain to become helpless at his feet.
5. In those days, no one shall save himself by gold or silver, nor shall anyone be able to escape, there shall be no iron for war, nor breastplates to wear, nor shall bronze or tin be to any avail.
6. There will not be any need for lead, all these substances will be removed and destroyed from the surface of the earth when the Elect One shall appear.
7. There also I saw a deep valley with a wide mouth, in which them that dwell upon the earth and the islands of the sea bring gifts, presents and tributes, and yet this deep valley shall not become filled.
8. And for the criminal deeds of their hands, they will eat the produce thereof, for which sinners toil, they shall be destroyed from before the Lord, and perish.
9. And I beheld the angels of plagues preparing the chains of Satan, and I asked the angel of peace. “For whom are they preparing these chains?”
10. And he answered; “They are preparing these for the kings and the potentates of the earth, that they may be destroyed thereby.”
11. After this, the Righteous and Elect One will reveal the house of his congregation; from that time onwards they shall not be hindered in the name of the Lord.
12. And these mountains shall become like earth in the presence of his righteousness, and the hills shall become like a fountain of water, and the righteous ones shall have rest from the oppression of sinners.
13. Then I turned and looked to another part of the earth and beheld a deep valley burning with fire, and they were bringing the kings and potentates throwing them into this deep valley.
14. And I beheld how chains were made into iron fetters of immense weight, and I asked the angel of peace; “For whom are these imprisonment chains being prepared?”
15. And he said; “They are being prepared for the armies of Azazel in order that they may be put on them and be cast in the abyss of complete condemnation, and just as the Lord commanded it, they shall cover their jaws with rocky stones.
16. Then Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, and Phanuel themselves shall seize them on that great Day of Judgment. And they shall cast them into the burning furnace, so that the Lord of Host may take vengeance on them for their oppressive deeds which they commenced as messengers of Satan, leading those that dwell upon the earth astray.”
Judgment by water
1. In those days the punishment of the Lord shall be carried out; they shall open all the storerooms of water in the heavens above, and also the fountains of water, which are on the earth.
2. And all the waters shall be united, that which is from above is masculine water, while that which is underneath the earth is feminine.
3. And they shall obliterate all those that dwell upon the earth, as well as those that dwell under the ends of the heaven, because they did not recognize their oppressive deeds, which they carried out on earth.
4. Thus-way they shall be destroyed, but after this the Antecedent of time repented, and said; “In vain have I destroyed all those that dwelled in the earth.” And He swore by his own great Name that from henceforth He would not do the likes to all that live upon the earth.
5. And God said; “I shall put a sign in the heavens, and it shall become a symbol of faith between Me and them forever, so long as heaven is above the earth according to My command.”
Something for potentates to think on
6. “If I had given my consent, then my wrath would already have abided upon them to their day of tribulation and pain, for the angels would have seized them, and caused my wrath and punishment to rest upon them, says the Lord of host.
7. Listen you kings and potentates who dwell upon the earth, you will have to see how my Elect One sits upon the throne of glory, and how He judges Azazel, and all his company, his army in the name of the Lord.
8. Then I saw an army of angels marching and holding nets of iron and bronze, and I asked the angel of peace; “To whom are they going that hold these nets?”
9. And he said; “They are going to the elect and beloved ones of the evil angels that they may cast them in the crevices of the abyss of the valley.
10. Then the valley shall be filled with these elect and beloved ones, and the epoch of their lives, the era of their glory, and the age of their leading astray shall come to an end, and shall not henceforth be reckoned.
The day of vengeance
11. In those days the angels will assemble and march to the east of the Part lands and the Medes, and they will shake up the kings so that a spirit of unrest shall come upon them, to stir them up from their thrones.
12. And they will break forth from their beds like lions, and like hungry hyenas among their own flocks, and they will go up and trample upon the land of My elect ones.
13. And the land of my elect ones will be before them as a threshing floor, or a highway, but the city of my righteous ones will become an obstacle to their horses.
14. And they shall begin to fight among themselves, and by their own right hand they shall prevail against their own selves, for a man shall not recognize his brother, nor a son his mother until there shall be many corpses among them.
15. Their punishment shall not be in vain, and hell in that day shall open her mouth wide and swallow them up to perish, it shall swallow up the sinners in the sight of the elect ones.”
16. Afterwards I Enoch had another vision of a whole array of chariots loaded with people, and they advanced upon the air from the east and from the west until midday.
17. And the sound of their chariots was great, and when this took place the holy ones in heaven took notice of it, and the pillars of the earth were shaken upon their foundations.
18. And the sound could be heard from the extreme ends of the sky to the extreme end of the earth for one hour, and then all shall fall down and worship the Lord of host.
19. Here end the second parable.
Blessing of the righteous
1. And I began to speak another parable concerning the righteous and the elect. Blessed are you righteous and elect ones, for glorious is your portion, the righteous ones shall be in the light of the sun, and the elect ones in the light of eternal life which has no end.
2. The days of the life of the holy ones cannot be numbered; they shall seek light and find righteousness with the Lord. Peace be to the righteous ones in the peace of the eternal Lord.
3. After this it shall be told to the holy ones in heaven that they should scrutinize the mysteries of righteousness, the gift of faith, for the Sun has shined upon the earth, and darkness is over.
4. There shall be a light that has no end, nor shall they have to count days anymore for darkness has already been destroyed.
5. Light shall be permanent before the Lord, and the light of uprightness shall stand firm forever and ever before the Lord of the spirits.
Secrets of lightning
6. In those days I beheld the mysteries of lightning and of lights, and their judgments, they flash light for a blessing or for a curse, according to the will of the Lord.
7. And I saw the secrets of the thunder, and the secrets of its resounding in the heights of the heaven, its voice being heard in earthly dwellings.
8. And the angel showed me in what way the sound of thunder is for peace and blessing, or for a curse according to the word of the Lord.
9. After that all the mysteries of light and lightning's were shown to me, how they glow with light for blessing and contentment.
The heavens agitated.
(Written by Lamech or Noah.)
10. In the year 987 (Enoch taken up) in the 7th month on the 14th day of the month in the life of Enoch, in the same parable I saw the heaven of heaven quaking and trembling with a mighty agitation.
11. And the forces of the Most High, the angels, ten thousands times a million and ten million times ten millions were agitated with a great agitation.
12. And the Antecedent of time was sitting on the throne of his glory surrounded by the angels and his righteous ones.
13. Then great trembling a fear seized me, and my loins and kidneys lost control, so I fell upon my face. Then Michael sent another angel from among the holy ones and he raised me up.
14. And having been raised up my spirit returned, for I had fainted for the sight of these forces, and because heaven was stirred up and had agitated itself.
15. Then Michael said to me; what have you seen that so disturbed you? This day of mercy has lasted till today, and He has been merciful and long suffering towards those that dwell upon the earth.
16. And when this day arrives, and the power, the punishment, and the judgment which the Lord has prepared for those who do not worship the righteous judgment.
17. And also for those who deny the righteous judgment, and for them who take his name in vain, it will become a day of covenant for the elect, but inquisition for the sinners.
18. On that day two monsters will be parted, one female called Leviathan to dwell in the abyss of the ocean over the fountains of water, and the other a male called Behemoth, which holds his chest in an invisible desert.
19. His name
is Dundayin, east of the garden of Eden wherein the elect and the righteous
dwell, where also my grandfather (Enoch) was taken, the seventh from Adam, the
first man whom the Lord of host created .
20. Then I asked the second angel to show me how strong these monsters are, and how they are separated on that day, one cast in the abyss of the ocean, the other into the dry desert.
21. And he said to me; you will know the hidden things, but to the degree to which it is permitted.
Mysteries of the Word
22. And the angel who was with me showed me the hidden things, what is above and beneath the earth, in the depth, and in the extreme ends of heaven.
23. And he showed me the extend of heaven, the storerooms of the winds, how the winds are divided, how they are weighed, and dissipate, and the openings of the winds each according to its strength.
24. And he showed me the power of the light of the moon, how it is the right amount, and the division of the stars each according to its nomenclature, and all the sub-divisions.
25. Also the thunders according to their places where they fall, and the sub-divisions of the lightning’s according to the light as they flash, and the swiftness of the obedience of the whole array of them.
26. So the thunders have their moments of rest with patience, and each is marked by its sound, neither the thunder nor the lightning becomes disjoined one from the other; both go together in a single breeze and do not part.
27. For when the lightning flashes light the thunder also utters its sound, then the wind causes the thunder to rest and divides equally between each of them.
28. For the reservoir of their moments is like the sand, each one is restrained with a bridle and turned back by the power of the wind, and in this manner it is driven over the numerous corners of the earth.
29. The sea breeze then is masculine and strong, and accordingly is held back, and in this manner it is driven and dispersed among the mountains of the world.
30. The frost wind is its own guardian, and the hail wind a kind messenger, the snow wind is empty for its reservoir, since its strength is only a breeze that ascends from it like smoke, and its name is frost.
31. The wind and the mist do not dwell together in a reservoir, but the mist has its own reservoir, and its course is glorious, it has both light and darkness, both in rainy seasons as well as in dry seasons, and its reservoir is itself an angel.
32. The dwelling place of the dew breeze is in the extreme ends of heaven and is linked together with the reservoirs of the rain in both its courses of wet and dry seasons; also the clouds of the dew and of mist feed each other mutually.
33. When the rain-wind becomes active in its reservoir, the angels come and open the reservoir to let it out, and when it is sprayed upon the whole earth, it becomes united with the water, which is upon the earth.
34. And whenever it unites with the waters upon the earth, it is for the use of those who dwell upon the earth, for it is nourishment for the earth sent from the Most High in heaven. In this manner there is a measuring system for the rain given to the angels.
35. All these things I saw as far as the garden of righteous ones and the angel of peace said to me. These two monsters are prepared for the great day of the Lord when they shall turn into food.
36. This is so that the punishment of the Lord shall come down on them in order that it should not be issued in vain, but slay the children with their mothers and the children with their fathers, when the punishment of the Lord comes down on everyone.
37. After that there shall be judgment according to His mercy and patience.
Measures of faith
1. In those days I saw that long ropes were given to angels, and hoisting up their portions they soared going into the direction of the northeast.
2. And I asked the angel: “Why have these angels hoisted these ropes and gone off?” And he said; “They have gone in order to make measurements.
3. They are the ones who bring the measured ropes of the righteous ones as well as the binding cords that accordingly they may lean upon the name of the Lord of host forever and ever.
4. The elect ones shall begin to walk with the Elect One, and these are the measurements which shall be given to faith, and which shall strengthen righteousness.
5. These measurements shall reveal all the secrets of the depths of the earth, of those who have been destroyed in the desert, or by wild beast, or whom the fish of the sea has eaten.
6. So that all may return and find hope in the day of the Elect One, for there is no one who perishes before the Lord, nor can anyone perish.
7. And those who are in heaven above and all the powers shall receive a command, and with a single voice and light like fire they shall bless Him the First Word, extolling and glorifying Him with wisdom.
8. They shall be wise in speech in the Spirit of life, and in the Lord of the spirits.
9. He placed the Elect One on the throne of glory, and He shall judge all the works of the holy ones in heaven above, weighing their deeds in the balance.
10. And when He shall lift up his countenance to judge their secret ways by the word of the Lord, and by their conduct, by the method of the righteous judgment of the Lord of host.
11. Then they shall all speak with one voice blessing, glorifying, extolling, and sanctifying the name of the Lord.
12. And He will summon all the forces of the heavens, and all the holy ones above, and the forces of the Lord, the Cherubim, Seraphim, Ophanim, all the angels of governance, the Elect One, and the other forces on earth over the water.
13. On that day they shall lift up in one voice blessing and glorifying, and extolling Him in the spirit of faith and of wisdom, and patience, and in the Spirit of mercy, of justice, of peace, and of generosity.
14. All in one voice they shall say; Blessed is He, and may the name of the Lord of the spirits be blessed forever and ever more.
15. All the diligent ones in heaven above shall bless Him, all the holy ones that are in heaven shall bless Him, and all the elect ones that dwell in the garden of life, shall bless Him.
16. Every spirit of light that is capable of blessing and extolling His name shall bless Him, and all flesh shall glorify and bless Thy name O Lord with an exceedingly limitless power forever and ever.
17. For the
mercy of the Lord is great in quantity, and He is long suffering, all His works
and all the dimensions of His creation He has revealed to the righteous and
elect ones in the name of the Lord .
Judgment on the rulers
18. And thus the Lord commanded the kings, the governors, the high officials, and the landlords, and He said;
19. “Open your eyes, and lift up your eyelids if you are able to recognize the Elect One.”
20. The Lord has sat down on the throne of his glory, and the Spirit of righteousness has been poured out upon Him.
21. The words of his mouth will do the sinners in, and oppressors shall be eliminated from before His face.
22. On the day of judgment all the kings, governors, high officials, and the landlords shall see Him and recognize Him, and behold how He sits upon His throne of glory, and how righteousness is judged before Him, and no none-sensual talk shall be spoken in His presence.
23. Then pain shall come upon them as a woman in travail, like when she gives birth and suffers, one half portion shall glance at the other half, and they shall be terrified and feel dejected.
24. And pain shall seize them when they see that Son of man sitting on the throne of His glory, the kings and governors shall bless and glorify and extol Him who rules over everything, Him who was concealed.
25. For the Son of man was concealed from the beginning, the Most High One preserved Him in the presence of his power, but He revealed Him to the holy and elect ones.
26. Thus the congregation of the holy ones shall be planted, and the elect ones shall be before Him.
27. On that day all the kings and governors, and the high officials, all those who ruled the earth shall fall down before Him on their faces, and worship and raise their hopes in that Son of man.
28. They shall beg and plead for mercy at his feet, but the Lord Himself will cause them to be frantic, so that they shall rush and depart from before His presence.
29. Their faces shall be filled with shame, and their countenance be crowned with darkness.
30. So will He deliver them to the angels for punishment in order that vengeance be executed on the oppressors of his children and elect ones.
31. It shall become quite a scene for My righteous and elect ones, they shall rejoice over them, because the wrath of the Lord shall rest upon them, and his sword shall obtain from them a sacrifice.
32. The righteous and elect ones shall be saved on that day, and from henceforth they shall never see the faces of the sinners and oppressors.
33. The Lord of the spirits will abide with them, they shall eat and rest and rise with that Son of man forever and ever.
34. The righteous and elect ones shall rise from the earth, and shall cease being of downcast face, they shall wear the garment of glory.
35. These your garments, shall become the garments of life from the Lord, and neither shall their garment wear out, nor their glory come to an end before the Lord of host.
Hopeless end of the rulers
36. In that day the governors and kings that possess the land shall beg that He might give them a little breathing spell from the angels of punishment to whom they have been delivered, so they may fall down and worship before the Lord of lords, and confess their sins to Him.
37. They shall glorify Him saying; Blessed is the Lord of Host, the Lord of wisdom, Thy power exposes all secret things from generation to generation, and Thy glory is forever and ever.
38. Deep and numberless are Thy mysteries, and Thy righteousness is beyond accounting, now we have come to know that we should glorify and bless the Lord the Lord of kings, Him who rules all kings.
39. And they shall say: Would that someone had given us a chance that we had praised Him and had faith before his glory, right now however we beg for a little rest, but find it not, we pursue it, but procure it not.
40. Light has vanished from before us, and darkness has become our habitation forever and ever, because we did not have faith, nor did we glorify the name of the Lord of lords, nor did we glorify Him in any of his creation.
41. But we placed our hopes upon the scepters of our empires, but now on the day of our hardship and tribulation He is not saving us, nor have we a chance of becoming believers.
42. For the Lord is faithful in all His works, His judgments and in His righteousness and there is no respect of person in His judgments.
43. We shall vanish away from before his face on account of our deeds; our sins consumed us through righteousness. And they will say our souls are filled with exploitation, money that could not save us from being cast into hell.
44. After that their faces shall be filled with shame before that Son of man, and they shall be driven out from before Him, and the sword shall abide in their midst.
45. Thus spoke the Lord. This is the ordinance and the judgment before the Lord of host for the governors, kings, high officials, and landlords.
46. And also in that place I saw other mysterious faces, and I heard the voice of an angel saying; These are the angels who descended upon the earth, which revealed what was hidden to the children of the people, and led them astray to commit sin.
Noah sees the earth deformed
1. In those days Noah saw the earth that it was deformed, and that her destruction was at hand, and he went to the extreme end of the earth and cried to his grandfather Enoch speaking with a loud voice three times; “Hear me, hear me, hear me.”
2. And I
Noah said to him. “Tell me what this thing is that is being done on the earth,
for she is struggling and is being shaken, perhaps I will perish with her in the
3. And I heard a voice from heaven, and I fell upon my face, then Enoch my grandfather came and stood by me saying; “Why did you cry out so sorrowfully and with bitter tears?
4. An order has been issued from the court of the Lord against those that dwell upon the earth, that their doom has arrived, for they have acquired the knowledge of the secrets of the angels, all the oppressive deeds of the Satan as well as all his occult powers.
5. All the powers of those who practice sorcery, and the power of those that mix many colors, and the power of those that make molten images. How silver is pained from the dust of the earth, and how bronze is made, and how to produce lead and tin, their source is an angel on the run.
6. After this my grandfather Enoch took hold of my hand and raising me up he said; "Go for I have asked the Lord concerning this turbulence on earth, and it is because of their oppression, which they perform on the earth.
7. Their judgment will be limitless before Him, on account of the abstract things, which they investigated and experienced.
8. The earth shall perish with those who dwell in her, and those who taught them these things will have no rest forever, for they have revealed the condemned the things which were secret.
9. But as for you my son, the Lord of the spirits knows that you are pure and kindhearted, you detest the secret things, He has preserved your name for the holy ones, and He will protect you from those who dwell upon the earth.
10. He has preserved your righteous seed for kingship and great glory, and from your seed will emerge a fountain of the righteous and holy ones without number forever."
11. After this he showed me the angels of punishment, who are prepared to come and release all the powers of the waters, which are underground to become judgment and destruction to all who live and dwell on the earth.
12. But the Lord gave an order to the angels on duty that they should not yet raise the enclosures, but to guard them, for these were the angels in charge of the waters. Then I left from the presence of Enoch.
The word of the Lord to Noah
13. Then the word of the Lord came to me and said; Noah, your lot has come up before Me, a lot without blame, a lot of true love. At this moment the angels are working with wood, and when it is completed, I shall place my hands upon it and protect it, and the seed of life shall arise from it.
14. And another generation will come so that the earth will not remain empty; I shall strengthen your seed before Me forever and ever, as well as the seed of those who dwell with you.
15. I shall not put it to trial on the face of the earth, but it shall be blessed and multiply on the earth.
16. And they shall imprison those angels who revealed oppression in that burning valley which your grandfather Enoch had formerly shown you in the west, among the mountains of gold, silver, and of iron, bronze and tin.
17. I Noah now beheld this valley in which the great turbulence took place, and the stirring of the waters, and when it took place, there was produced a smell of sulfur from the burning of that bronze, and it was blended with those waters.
18. This valley of the perverse angels shall burn punitively underneath that ground in respect to its troughs; they shall be filled with rivers of water by which those pervasive angels shall be punished.
19. The waters shall become a poisonous drug in the body, and a judgment to the spirit of the kings, the rulers, and exalted ones, and lust shall fill their souls so that their bodies shall be punished.
20. For they have denied the Lord of host, therefore they shall behold their punishment each day, while they cannot believe in His name.
21. In proportion to the degree of its burning then, their bodies will be the transmutation of their spirits forever and ever, for there is no one who can speak a none-sensual word before the Lord of host.
22. In that way judgment shall come on them because they believed in the debauchery of their bodies, and denied the Spirit of the Lord.
23. And these waters will undergo changes in these days, for the temperature of these fountains of water will be altered, becoming hot as punishment to these angels, but when they get out, they will change to become cold.
Michael responds to the judgment of the
24. Then I heard Michael responding and saying; This verdict by which the angels are being punished is itself a testimony to the kings and the rulers who control the world.
25. For these waters of judgment are poison to the bodies of the angels as well as sensational to their flesh, and they will neither see nor believe that these waters become transformed, and become a fire that burns forever.
26. After this he gave me instructions in all the secret things found in the book of my grandfather Enoch, and in the parables which were given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book which is here with me.
27. And on that day Michael addressed himself to Raphael saying; The power of the Spirit lays hold of me, and causes me to ascend on account of the severity of the judgment concerning the secrets.
28. Who is able to endure the severity of the judgment which has been executed and before which one melts away? Who is he whose heart does not become sordid in respect to this matter, and whose reins do not become stirred up from the word of the judgment, which has been pronounced against them?
29. Then when they stood before the Lord, Michael said to Raphael;
30. “They shall not prosper before the eye of the Lord, for they have quarreled with the Lord of Host, because they acted like they were the Lord.
31. Therefore all that which has been concealed, shall come upon them forever and ever, for neither an angel nor a man should be assigned His role.
32. These therefore have received their judgment forever and ever.
Names of the fallen angels
1. After this judgment they shall be frightened and scream, because they did show this secret knowledge to those who dwell upon the earth, and now I am naming the names of those angels.
2. The first of them is Semyaz, the second Aristaqis, the third Armen, the fourth Kobatel, the fifth Turtel, the sixth Rumyal, the seventh Danyul, the eight Neqa'el, the ninth Baraqel, the tenth Azazel, the eleventh Armaros, and the twelfth Batryal.
3. Thirteen Basastel, fourteen, Hanan'el, fifteen Tu'rel, sixteen Sipwese'el, seventeen Yetertel, eighteen Tuma'el, nineteen Tur'el, twenty Rum'el, and Azazetel the twenty first. These are the chiefs of the angels.
4. The names of their centurions, their chiefs over fifty and over tens are; The first is Yeqon, he is the one who misled all the children of the angels bringing them down upon the earth, perverting them by the daughter of the people.
5. The second was named Asb'el, he is the one who gave the children of the holy angels an evil counsel misleading them so that they would defile their bodies with the daughters of the people.
6. The third was Gader'el, this is the one who showed the children of the people the blows of death, who misled Eve, and showed the people how to make instruments of death.
7. Such as the shield and breastplate, and the sword for warfare, and all other instruments of death, whereby they proceeded against the people on the earth from that day on.
8. The forth is Pinemte, this one demonstrated to the children of the people the bitter and the sweet, and revealed to them all the secrets of their knowledge.
9. And he caused the people to penetrate the secrets of writing, and of ink and paper, on account of which many have erred from eternity to eternity until this very day.
10. For human beings are not created for such purposes to take up their beliefs with pen and ink, for indeed human beings were not created but to be like angels permanently to maintain pure and righteous lives.
11. Death that destroys everything would not have touched them had it not been through their knowledge, by which now they shall perish; death is now consuming us by means of this power.
12. The fifth is named Kasadya; it is he who revealed to the children of the people the flagellation of all evil, that of the soul and the demons, the smashing of the embryo in the womb, so that it might be killed.
13. And snakebites, and sunstroke’s, he is the son of the serpent, whose name is Taba'ta.
14. And this is the recount of Kasbtel, the chief executor of the oath, which he revealed to the holy ones when he was still dwelling in the highest, in glory.
15. His name then was Beqa, and he spoke to Michael to disclose to him his secret name, so that he might memorize it, that he might call it up in an oath so they might tremble before it.
16. He then revealed these to the children of the people, and also the hidden things of this power of this oath, for it itself is power and strength.
17. The evil one placed this oath in Michael's hand, and these are the secrets of this oath, and they are sustained by it.
18. The heaven was suspended before the creation of the world and forever, by it the earth is founded upon the water, for from the hidden places of the mountains come beautiful waters from the beginning of creation and forever.
19. By this oath the sea was created, and He placed for it a foundation of sand, which cannot be transgressed at a time of its anger, from the beginning of creation and forever.
20. And by that oath the depths are made firm, they stand and do not move from their places, from the beginning of creation and forever.
21. By the same oath, the sun and moon complete their courses of travel, and do not deviate from the laws made for them from the beginning of creation and forever.
22. And by the same oath the stars complete their courses of travel, if He call their names He causes them to respond, from the beginning of creation and forever.
23. Likewise the waters and their souls, all the winds and their path of travel from all the directions of the winds. The voice of the thunder and the light of the lightning are kept there, the reservoirs of hail, of frost, and of mist, and the reservoirs of rain and dew are kept there.
24. All these believe and give thanks in the presence of the Lord, they glorify Him with all their might, and please Him in all thanksgiving, and they shall thank and glorify and exalt the Lord of the spirits forever and ever.
25. This oath has become dominant over them, and they are preserved by it, and their paths are preserved by it so that their courses of travel do not perish.
26. Then there came to them great joy, and they blessed and glorified the Lord on account of the Name of that Son of man who was revealed to them.
27. He shall never pass away nor perish from before the face of the earth, but those who have led the world astray shall be bound with chains, and their ruinous congregation shall be imprisoned.
28. All their deeds shall vanish from the face of the earth; from henceforth nothing that is corruptible shall be found.
29. For that Son of man has appeared and seated himself upon the throne of His glory, and all evil shall disappear from before Him.
30. Here ends the third parable of Enoch.
Enoch taken up
1. And it
happen that my living name (spirit) was raised up to that Son of man, and to the
Lord from among those that dwell upon the earth, it was lifted up in a chariot
of the wind, and I disappeared from among them.
2. From that day on I was not counted among them, but He placed me between two winds, between the northeast and the west where the angels took a cord to measure for me the place of the elect and righteous ones.
3. There I saw the first fathers, and the righteous ones of old dwelling in that place.
4. Thus it
happened that my spirit passed out of their sight and ascended into the heavens,
and I saw the sons of the holy angels walking upon the flame of fire .
5. Their garments and overcoats were white, and the light of their faces like snow, and I saw two rivers of fire, the light of which was shining like Hyacinth.
6. Then I fell upon my face before the Lord, and the angel Michael, one of the archangels, took me by the right hand and lifted me up, and led me to the secrets of mercy, and showed me the secrets of righteousness.
7. And he showed me all the secrets of the extreme ends of heaven, all the reservoirs of the stars, and the luminaries from where they come out before the face of the holy ones.
8. He carried off my spirit and I Enoch was in the heaven of heavens, where I saw in the midst of the light a structure builds of crystal and between these crystals tongues of living fire.
9. And my spirit saw a ring, which encircled this house of fire; on its four sides were rivers full of living fire encircling it.
10. Moreover, Seraphim's, Cherubim's, and Ophanim's, the sleepless ones, who guard the throne of His glory encircled it.
11. And I saw countless angels, a hundred thousand times a hundred thousand, ten million times ten millions encircling that house.
12. Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Phanuel, and numerous other holy angels that are in heaven above, go in and out of that house.
13. With them is the Antecedent of time, His head is pure and white like wool, and His garment is indescribable.
14. And one angel came and greeted me and said; “You son of man who is born in righteousness, and upon whom righteousness has dwelt, the righteousness of the Antecedent of time will not forsake you.
15. He shall proclaim peace to you in His name which exists forever, for from here proceeds peace since the creation of the world. And so it shall be unto you forever and ever, and for everyone that will come and who shall follow your path, since righteousness shall not forsake them.
16. Together with you shall be their dwelling places and together with you shall be their portion, they shall not be separated from you forever and ever.
17. So shall
there be length of days with that Son of man, and peace to the righteous ones,
His path is upright for the righteous, in the name of the Lord of the